Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2006

B to the A to the B to the A - BABA

Finally after a long long break, i decided to blog after hearing an interesting account of my friend's recent trip to Junagadh (hope i got the spelling right).

Junagadh is a place in Gujarat near Diu. Its supposedly famous for its temple atop a mountain (10000 steps :O) and a fort. Recently there was a 'shivratri mela' and apparently tens of thousands (if not lakhs) of people throng to that temple during this time. So my friend decided to go there not out of "bhakthi" or anything but just to have an unique experience with such a massive crowd. Pity he couldnt get anyone to accompany him all the way there (its a 12 hour journey by bus from Surat). Undaunted, he went alone all the way there and came back with a rather 'interesting' experience.

After climbing few thousand steps, he was eating some fruits when a "sadhu" who was resting there approached him and the first question he asked my friend was if he was married or not :D. When my friend replied in the negative, the 'baba' (that was what he told his name to be when my friend asked him) goes on talking all crap about girls. My friend tried to adopt a more neutral stand (slightly tilted towards girls) even as the 'baba' just went on the rampage about the fairer sex. So talking like this they climbed the stairs. In between the baba got tired and wanted to rest but my friend wanted to carry on as he wanted to return back and so the baba continued. Then with just couple of thousand steps or something to go, the crowd was so huge that it could have taken about 3 hrs to just climb up. So my friend decided that it was time to head back when the baba asked to rest for a while. As they continued the journey back down the mountain, the baba requested my friend to stay for the night (scary !!!!). He even told that he will get a room in a guest for them both :O. My friend insited that he had to return for imp college work that night itself though the next day was sunday. The baba requested so much so that he even mentioned that if he stayed for just this one night, his job would be over. (Now what on devils mind was he meaning by that ???). But my friend wasnt going to be convinced that easily and he had already started feeling bit uncomfortable with a baba who hates girls, rips them left right and center and talks about a night in a room and some 'job' :D.

The baba then took my friend to the eating place where i suppose 'anna dhaanam' (now whats the english word for that ?? Free food:p ) was taking place. There suddenly the baba started chatting some mantra looking into the eyes of my friend. My friend then put on his walkman (:D) and closed his eyes and started saying to himself repeatedly that he couldnt be hypnotized so easily and apparently the baba started chanting the mantra everytime my friend closed his eyes.

After the food, they continued on their journey downhill, when the baba tried to convince him again to stay back. Out of general genoristy to an elderly person who had given company till now and also paid the expenses incurred so far, my friend asked him of his address in Ahemdabad (yeah, thats where his 'ashram' or whatever was supposed to be) and said that he would visit at a later time. The baba asked how much time was left for my friend in college and was replied to as 2 more months.

Now comes the next eerie part: The baba suddenly proposes to my friend that why not he come with my friend to surat and live the next two months with him :D. My friend then politely refuses citing the strict hostel rules barring visitors from staying in our rooms. Disappointed, the baba asks my friend to come right away after college to his place and even promises regular food, job (selling kerosene perhaps - wtf !!!) amongst other things. He only wanted my friend to promise a single thing - My friend shouldnt get married in the next two months (Bond for job offer eh ?? - ha ha ha ). Finally my friend manages to get away from the place by catching the bus back to surat.

Now this is just about what had happened as told to me yesterday afternoon. I blogged this simultaneously while chatting, so apologies if the attempt is bit poor. I will try to get my friend to read this and see if i missed any key point :D.


Now my reaction as well as a handful of others on hearing about the incident was that the baba is most definetly GAY and just wanted a partner. But for all my friend or myself know, the baba could just be genuinely looking for a sishya to follow his idealogies or whatever. Am not too sure if anyone of us are correct in blaming him to be GAY when we dont know him at all. But then the jury is out in my blog i guess :P so let your views known :).

13 comments:

Nilambar said...

eeks!! ... never go lonewolf to shady places unless u urself r lookin for somebody :P

Prakash said...

its not a shady place when tens of thousands people are there, is it ?

Anonymous said...

seems that u r more interested in such activities.I am quite surprised that u didn't accompany ur fren, when u knew that he was going alone.It simply shows how much u care towards ppl arnd u. You shud have atleast gone to the rescue of ur fren by comforting him rather than blogging abt such idiotic & worth for nothing stuffs like this.I hope u don't repeat things like these in future.

Prakash said...

wtf was that ? I dont need to console people who dont feel bad ?
maybe you are mad enough to go console people when they are perfectly fine and then make them think that perhaps they should feel bad.

If talking about people being gay is worthless, then you can go hang - d'oh.

Anonymous said...

definitely baba is gay! and great blog da... :)

chander said...

that was bloody hilarious LOL!!!

Nilambar said...

macha that female is clueless abt reality da =))

Anonymous said...

gr8 escape.. ders nothin much to b surprised abt BABA hatin gals.. but he fallin fo ur frnd creates wild imaginations ;)

Nilambar said...

macha anu thinks ur friend came bak cryin and needed comforting =)) lolol ... i hope im not mistaken but i think he mightve been waitin to tell everybody he knew abt this event n laff to death ... he must be grateful for ur blog :)) ... and she thinks he needed comforting :)) ... macha she defly is out of touch with reality!!

Nivedita said...

Interesting post :), and interesting comment( Anu's second comment) after which you really adangified and you did not reply :-/

Prakash said...

@ Nivedita

Adhuku dhaan ennoda friend Gautam Nilambar reply pannitaan.

I try to reply to posts which are in sync with the content am posting.

If somebody wants to have a go at me on any other topic and in public, I am all ready for forums like Orkut.

Nivedita said...

@ Krishna
i interpreted her post in a completely different sense :-|

Prakash said...

@ Nivedita...

OMG. ha ha ha. I can assure you, it has nothing and i mean NOTHING to do with this particular blog.